- Maximalism is the concept of mixing & matching a wide range of colors, patterns & decorations for a space. It is the absolute opposite of minimalism.
- The concept involves collecting & displaying memorabilia from various places one may have visited. It is like inviting someone to experience your life’s adventures at a glance.
- A maximalist residential remodel would ideally involve items collected across vast cultures like Africa, Europe, Asia & the Oriental East for added effect & awe.
- HT Roofing & Construction INC, serving Prairie Village, offers interior remodeling along with residential roofing & restoration services.
Are you the type who likes to stand out from the rest? Do you enjoy mixing & matching different styles to create a look that is uniquely your own? If so, then you’ll love maximalism! The trend of maximalist design is perfect for those who want to add a touch of personality to their home décor. You can create a stylish and unique look using lots of color, pattern, and texture. And if you’re confused about where to start, don’t worry!
HT Roofing & Construction INC got plenty of ideas to help get you inspired. So, whether you’re darting for a new way to style your home’s exterior or just need inspiration for your next project, read on for some amazing maximalist décor ideas.
What Exactly Is a Maximalist Décor?
While the minimalist aesthetic has been popular throughout the last decade, a new trend is emerging: maximalist design. This interior design style is exactly what it sounds like and involves an eclectic mix of patterns, colors, motifs, and goods, generally with some organization.
“To look at a maximalist dwelling is to get a sense of what the inside of a person’s brain may look like — the places they’ve visited, their heritage, the random objects they’ve amassed over a lifetime,” according to Vox.
While maximalism is all about using a wide range of design choices, it does not imply that one’s living area should be filled with as much décor and clutter as possible. While limiting the number of items in each room is encouraged, there are still artistic techniques to ensure that your space does not appear “sloppy.” A well-executed maximalist design may still provide the same amount of interior proportion as many minimalist designs.
Decor Ideas for an Eclectic Taste
Alright, let’s get started with some ideas!
1. Paint Your Walls a Bold Color:
Ah, painting. It’s one of the cheapest ways to change your space, and it can make a world of difference. When it comes to maximalism, go bold with your wall color! You can even opt for a two-toned look by painting the top half of your walls one color and the bottom half another.
2. Hang Interesting Artwork:
Art is a personal thing that can really say a lot about your taste. A great way to incorporate maximalism into your décor is by hanging interesting artwork that speaks to you. It can be anything from a conceptual painting to a family heirloom.
3. Use Bright and Patterned Fabrics:
Incorporating fabrics into your décor is a great way to add color and pattern. You can use them for window treatments, throw pillows, or even as a tablecloth.
4. Incorporate Vintage Furniture Pieces:
One of the best things about maximalist design is that it allows you to mix and match different pieces. Vintage furniture is a smart way to add character to your space.
5. Display Collections in Creative Ways:
If you have a collection of items, don’t be afraid to display them in a way that is unique to you. This could mean hanging them on the wall, displaying them in a cabinet, or even using them as part of a table centerpiece.
6. Add Greenery to Your Space:
Plants are, again, a smart way to add life to any space. If you’re looking for a pop of color, consider adding a few brightly colored flowers.
7. Use Unexpected Materials in Your Décor:
Yep, that’s right. You can definitely use unconventional materials in your maximalist décor. This could include items like feathers, beads, or even sequins.
8. Incorporate Metallics:
Metallics are undoubtedly a nice way to add some glamour to your space. Gold, silver, & copper are all great options.
9. Add Texture:
The texture is an important element of maximalist décor. Consider adding items with different textures to create interest in your space. This could include items like rugs, blankets, or even pillows.
10. Have Fun with It:
The most momentous thing to remember when creating a maximalist space is to have fun with it! Embrace your inner magpie and go crazy with your décor.
The Good Idea Is To Use Decor from Around the World
When it comes to maximalism, more is definitely more. So why not take your décor inspiration from around the world? Incorporating items from different cultures is a great way to add some global flair to your space.
Some Ideas for Incorporating Global Décor into Your Space:
- Africa: Add some bold prints and vibrant colors with items like mud cloth pillows or a Kente cloth blanket.
- Asia: Incorporate elements of feng shui into your space with items like bamboo plants or lucky cats.
- Europe: Create a cozy and inviting space with items like wool blankets or Persian rugs.
- Latin America: Add some spice to your space with items like colorful ceramic vases or hand-woven baskets.
- Middle East: Create a luxurious and exotic space with items like velvet pillows or Moroccan lanterns.
Should I Go DIY With My Maximalist Home Remodel Project?
Many people are opting to go the DIY route these days for a good reason. It can surely save you, folks, a lot of bucks and is a great way to get exactly what you desire in your home. However, there’re some things you should keep in mind before you start tearing down walls and painting every room in your house neon pink. Here are a few things to consider:
- Do you have the time? Maximalist home remodel projects can take much longer than a traditional renovation, so make sure you have the time to dedicate to it.
- Do you have the skills? If you’re not that nimble with a hammer or saw, you might want to leave the demolition to the professionals.
- Do you have the budget? A maximalist home makeover will cost more than a traditional one, so ensure you have the funds to cover it.
- Is your home structurally sound? Before tearing down walls, ensure your home is in good condition and can handle the changes.
If you answered yes to all of the above, then congratulations! You’re ready to embark on your very own maximalist home makeover. If not – keep reading!
Looking For a Home Remodel Expert in Prairie Village? We Can Help!
HT Roofing & Construction INC is the leading roofing, siding, and gutters provider in the Prairie Village area. We’re a family-owned business with more than ten years of experience, so you can trust us to get the job done right.